Sunday, March 3, 2013

Thanks a latte, have a grande!

I think I may have to officially give up my coffee snob status, because I really like Starbucks.


Yeah, I know the espresso is watery and the coffee tastes burned. It does, I'm not even going to lie to you. The new Blonde roast is a little better but I'm fairly sure they import Pike directly from Hell.

But... but the customization...


That's the reason I go to Starbucks. I can order my triple wet venti cappuccino with a minimum of both shame AND effort! That is cutting so much work out of my day!

What about you? Do you have the baristas greeting you by name, or do you go to a great little place that you'd love to recommend to me, only I won't have heard of it? Or do you save at least 15% of your income and make everything at home?

4 comments:

  1. I used to go to Starbucks, until I learned Au Bon Pain was cheaper (and they both tasted like crap, so I didn't care either way). Then I got one of those Keurig machines, and I am IN LOVE! Granted, it probably doesn't do all the fancy Starbucks drinks (or at least you might need to expend a little more effort), but it is the greatest thing ever to enter my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have one of those in my office! I like the coffee it makes a lot, but for a cappuccino, nothing beats Starbucks (at least so far).

      Delete
  2. I'm fussing with my Google reader, which means I'm reading old posts. But holy hell.

    "The new Blonde roast is a little better but I'm fairly sure they import Pike directly from Hell."

    This! This exactly! And I'm so tickled you wrote that, and find it so hilarious, that I don't care I'm so late in commenting. It's hysterical and it makes my night.

    And yes, I also embody the paradox of "coffee snob who nonetheless has a Starbucks gold card." Glad to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Doesn't matter how late you are in commenting, knowing I made someone's night always makes my own night! ;)

      Delete