Friday, March 1, 2013

Ten Little Things

1. I've broken my nose, my tailbone, several toes, and most of my fingers. Riding horses is a lot like BMX - if you do it often enough, you get hurt.

2. My top five favorite movies are Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet, Hot Fuzz, Small Soldiers, The Eagle, and I, Robot. (I'm told I have eclectic taste.)

3. I'm a huge classics fan, partly because I read so many as a kid (danger of being a fast reader - you run out of material. There's only so many times your parents are willing to take you to the bookstore). Some of my favorites are The Iliad, The Tale of Genji, The Frogs, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, and The Brothers Karamazov.

4. I think that Jane Eyre is the most romantic book ever written. Yes, Rochester is a little crazy, but he owns his crazy.

5. I wrote my first novel when I was 13. It was impressively terrible.

6. Drizzling rain is my favorite type of weather.

7. Gray is my favorite color. I like it in all its incarnations - charcoal, silver, slate, whatever.

8. I really love animals. Everything from cats to dogs to snakes and even spiders. I pretty much like everything - except pigs. They eat people and are evil. Pigs are the devil.

9. I love hyperbole more than anything in the entire world ever. I think hyperbole is hilarious.

10. My celebrity crushes are Will Smith (forever), Channing Tatum (he seems like the nicest person, also, abs), Martin Freeman (yes I know he looks like a middle school geography teacher and I DON'T CARE), and Jeremy Renner (be in more movies, plz). Robert Downey Jr. can come too.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, Channing Tatum's definitely been growing on me lately. Yum.

    I'll also join you in your love for "Hot Fuzz"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm yes... http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1y737YB311qa9vqgo4_250.gif

      Delete