Tuesday, March 5, 2013

All about the anticipation

Reading a thousand romance novels is so much better than going out on a thousand dates. Not just from a time management standpoint, but also because you get to experience that delicious anticipation of a developing relationship without the actual fear of losing the guy.

I've heard that butterflies in the stomach is exactly that, and I suppose sometimes that's true. But it's fun anyway.

A great slow-build of tension as things heat up between our hero and heroine is my very favorite thing. To me, the first kiss is the best part of the novel. That's the most passionate and real part, the first time our protagonists throw caution to the wind and take a chance on each other.

Speaking of chances, there is a definite possibility that I watched too many Disney movies as a child.
You would not believe how many results there are
when you google "Disney true love kiss".
What do you think? Is the first kiss really the best part, or do you like watching the characters grow together and really learn each other?

In the end, it's all fun!

5 comments:

  1. I love Disney! I love the build up. If the build up isn't good the kiss won't be as good. It's the build up that makes it so good. ^_^

    Aladdin and Jasmine are tied with Ariel and Eric as my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree!

      Oooh this is a tough one. I do love Aladdin and Jasmine... I also really love Mulan, but all she gets is a darn hug!

      Delete
  2. Nothing beats a good first kiss, in fiction or IRL!

    -BB

    ReplyDelete