Friday, March 8, 2013

A Weighty Award of Great Merit (and me rambling)




The Liebster Award goes like this:
1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog. (Big thank you to the lovely Erin!!!)
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator; list 11 random facts about yourself (NOTE: I have done the 11 facts thing a few awards ago, so in the interest of space, I’m eliminating those. But let me tell you, I am a FASCINATING person - PS Erin wrote this but magically enough, same here), and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Award to 11 bloggers, who have blogs with 200 followers or less, whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on the blogs letting the owners know they have been chosen. (No tag backs.)
4. Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.


Ze Questions:

Who would win in a staring contest, Harry Potter or Percy Jackson?

HARRY POTTER. Because once you've actually died, staring contests seem slightly less intimidating. 

You’re out of black ink on deadline day, in which color do you print your manuscript to send back to your (perhaps hypothetical) editor: Cyan, Magenta, or Yellow? Why?

Magenta, because it's the most readable and I'm boring like that.

Tell us about your book.

Well, there's an official blurb over on the right, so I will let that speak for itself. Mostly.

My personal feelings about the book: DETECT ME is a mix of my love for detective noir heroes, artists of all different kinds, and women that are just as smart and capable as the men around them.

An asteroid is screaming toward Earth and only one dance craze is allowed in the hidey-hole that saves humanity: Gangnam Style, The Electric Slide, The Macarena, or The Harlem Shake. Which one do you save? (And you’re not allowed to say none) Also, if you are brave enough: Post a video of you doing said dance. THAT’S RIGHT. AN OPTIONAL CHALLENGE!

NONE OF THEM. THEY ALL DIE. Oh crap you anticipated me. Uh... Fine I guess The Macarena can stay. Fun fact - that was my first dance with a boy, because both our parents were around at the middle school dance and he was too embarrassed to ask for a slow dance.

What book are you currently reading?

Violence: A Writer's Guide by Rory Miller. He is the man.

Who is your favorite author? (I give you permission to cry that you can't only choose one and then I’ll let you choose, say, two or three if you must)

Immediately throwing my hands up and crying. Three is still too few! But if you twisted my arm I guess I'd say Steven Brust, Mary Renault, and Victoria Holt/Jean Plaidy/Philippa Carr/whatever she felt like that week.

What inspired you to become a writer?

I can't say that I was ever inspired to become a writer, exactly. I always wrote. Probably a lot of this is due to the fact that my Dad (a very, very accomplished writer) noticed and encouraged me to keep going, even when I was six and writing crap like, "The wind feels like waterless water on my skin." (That's right. COPYRIGHT: ME. Try not to be too jealous.)

What’s your favorite eReader?

Kindle App on my iPhone or iPad.

Favorite internet distraction?

ALL OF THEM. Er... Yeah, that sounds about right.

Favorite fictional boyfriend?

Aragorn.

If you write drunk and edit sober, name the drinks for each. (Like mine would be wine and coffee)

I don't drink because I'm a boring person, but I do consume completely unhealthy amounts of coffee. Only, all the time.


Here are my questions!
1. What does your favorite mug look like?
2. What are your five desert island books?
3. Do you prefer movies or TV shows, and why?
4. What was the inspiration for your current book?
5. If you could force everyone to read ONE book, what book would it be?
6. What's your guilty pleasure music?
7. Favorite dessert?
8. Most common spelling/grammar error?
9. What's your go-to funny story?
10. What kind of cell phone do you have?
11. Tell me what your writing process is like.


And the lucky(?) tagees...
1. Thea Landen!
2. Sara Wolf!
3. Karla!
4. Diane!
5. Krystal Rose!
6. Rachel!
7. Mel!
8. Dawn!
9. Empowering Alina!
10. Kathy!
11. Dana!


There is at minimum a zillion% chance I will forget to comment and tell y'all I tagged you. So check for yourselves, and if you're not on there, do it anyway and comment with a link! I promise I'll come on your blog to ramble at you if you do. :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you! I had already received this, so I linked you :D

    Liebster Aware

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking me! I have a super-crazy week coming up, but I'll try really hard to get to the questions before spring finally comes around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you, Selma! I decided I'd use the links from the people I tagged in Liebster to go meet new people, so I followed Erin's tag to your post. :)

    And ooh. I think you might've answered "fictional boyfriend" with the only one I might give as an answer to that. I tend not to swoon over fictional boys, but you're right. Aragorn is kind of the whole package.

    Anyway, looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aragorn is totally the whole package. I love those "reluctant kingship" types. ;)

      Thank you! Following back :)

      Delete
  4. Just saw this! Love your answers to my crazy questions :).

    Also, you should find your six-year-old writing and totally publish it. Waterless water?! That is deep.

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete