Monday, July 29, 2013

Crowdsourcing My Wedding Dress Choice

Those of you who read my blog or follow me on Twitter might be aware that I'm getting married in a little over a month. I say getting married, not having a wedding, because I'm just going to the courthouse with B... but family and my BFF is coming, because I don't know, these things just happen to me.

A Say Yes to the Dress -style wedding gown was out of the question; that was never my style to begin with and it would look silly at the courthouse (to me. If that's what you want to do, more power to you). But about six months ago I just so happened to stumble across something on Pinterest and it was... perfect.


I loved it. My mom loved it. My BFF loved it. B was sure to love it.

And then I didn't buy it.

Look, I'm a busy person, okay?! I have important Disney sequels to watch. Shopping has never interested me terribly, and time got away from me. That dress is from an actual bridal store (although it's a bridesmaid's dress, not a wedding dress) and it takes forever to ship, and then you have to tailor it. At this point... no.

So! Today I went to the Twitter-mobile, and my lovely pals on there recommended places to look at dresses. And I found some gorgeous ones! I'm gonna show you the three I'm considering, and if you have an opinion, please comment! I'd love input.

Oh and, of course, when the deed is done I'll put up a pic of me in the dress so you can see what you hath wrought.

Things you should know: I'm 5'6"-ish and a size 8-10. Big bust and child-bearin' hips. Red hair, but I can wear pink because instead of being ginger my hair is this mutant combination of brown and blonde and red mixed together (no really, the whole underside of my hair is colored blonde naturally. It's weird). Almost as pale as the guy who flogs himself in The Da Vinci Code. Gray eyes. More interested in liking the dress than being the most bridey bride who ever brode.

Dress #1
This looks super flattering, and I
love the color.
Dress #2
The most bride-y. I like the sleeves.
Dress #3
I don't know why I love this so much,
but I do! I think it's repressed Cinderella
memories or something.
To the comments, my pretties, fly!

14 comments:

  1. I absolutely HATE the way that it takes 2 months to get a factory made dress from China, because that's what bridal shops do. I hate it. I just got a bridesmaid dress for a friend's wedding (on Saturday) and it's currently being altered by a library friend. I will say, it's possible to walk into a bridal shop and find a model on the rack that you can buy. Improbably, but possible, and that first dress is lovely.

    Otherwise, out of the three, I like #3. It makes me think of Alice in Wonderland, just a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree #2 is the most bride-y, but I really, really love #3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like #2, but there's something awesome about #3 and it would look GREAT with red hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like number 3 (and the original choice, shhh).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love them all, but especially number 2! They would all look lovely, though! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Number 3 looks like it would be the perfect style for the size and dimension you described. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My vote is for #3!!!

    (Plus it's the only one where you used an exclamation point in the description. YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS IS TELLING YOU SOMETHING.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dress#3 is my favorite. It’s very shiny and has the quality of eye-catching. I’ll buy this breathtaking style dress for my fiancĂ©e.
    wedding venue essex

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe this is among the so much significant info for me. And i am satisfied reading your article. The site taste is great, the articles is actually nice. Cheap Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  10. These dresses are looking so adorable thank you very much for the sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these are looking so gorgeous in these dresses, thanks for the sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those wedding dresses. I like the design it's simple and unique among others.

    ReplyDelete