Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hey Baby, What's Your Typology?

I think most of us love categorizing ourselves into groups. It's why we have things like Team Edward/Team Jacob and the four Hogwarts houses. We're all self-obsessed and like examining how we tick.

The Myers-Briggs personality test is known for being probably the best in the business. I'm not a psychologist, but I will say that I've taken the test three times in my life (and now four, thanks to zee interntz). It had been awhile since I'd taken it, and I thought, hmm, it's just a little yes or no internet test, and it's been some time, I'll probably be something totally different...

Oh hey. Lookit that.
So, I'm curious! Here's the test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp. It's not the ludicrously long one, but as far as I can tell it's works pretty well. If you feel like it, take the test and tell me if you think it's right, or if it's about as accurate as your horoscope.

(For the record, yeah, my type is about as accurate as it possibly could be.)

7 comments:

  1. I'm an INFP...I think it fits me pretty well. :)
    I've also taken it a few times. Lol! I always get the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also INTJ with a slight decrease in numbers:

    Introvert(22%)
    iNtuitive(38%)
    Thinking(50%)
    Judging(22%)

    I love these tests! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so the last time I took one of these I was an INFJ, this time I came out as an ISFJ, but just barely on the "S", haha. (And looking at the descriptions, INFJ still feels more accurate)

    Introvert: 44%
    Sensing: 12%
    Feeling: 25%
    Judging: 78%

    Apparently I'm very judge-y, haha.

    This test interests me because it relies so much on your own PERCEPTION of yourself, which isn't always on point (or maybe that's just my excuse for waffling so long on some of those questions)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely true for this little online version, and interesting in its own right! The real Myers-Briggs is longer and better constructed to avoid that happening.

      Delete
  4. INFP, though the P was a pretty slight preference. I think the rest of it is pretty accurate though!Weird part was I was only 56% Introvert. I would've guessed higher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also INTJ, which is funny because not many people (especially not women) are! I only lean a little I vs E and T vs F but like Hayley I am super judge-y ;)

    The INTJ description sounds very much like me especially in relationships.

    ReplyDelete