Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My visit to the dentist

Me: Hi.

Dentist: Do you floss? You don't look like you floss. Here, sit in this chair and let me turn you upside down.

Me: I floss! ...Sometimes.

Dentist: Judge. Juuuuuuuuuudge. JUDGING YOU.

Me: Okay fine I don't floss.

Dentist: I could tell, plebe. Hmm look I think I see cavities! Allow me to attempt to pull your teeth through your gums... I mean, clean.

Me: Grnshrklz!

Dentist: Yep, cavities. We'll be seeing each other soon. Won't that be fun?

Me: ...

Dentist: Your teeth may look alright to the untrained eye, but I think they're kind of weird. Have you thought about braces?

Me: GOOD DAY SIR.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. Dentist In Franklin TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't laugh because I'm sure there are some people who actually go through this kind of scenario in their dentist's office. Or maybe that's exactly why I found this funny. That said, I would hope that before my dentist decides on any sort of procedure, that a discussion could be had first. Thanks for sharing, Selma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Gus. This is the usual scenario when you go and visit your dentist. Though I have to agree with your dentist’s last statement. There are times that you think your teeth are perfect, but it turns out they need some expert care. Anyway, did you think about his suggestion?

    Kenny Green @ Anchorage Healthy Smiles

    ReplyDelete