Thursday, January 31, 2013

Coffeeeeeeee

If you are a writer and your body fluids aren't comprised of at least 70% coffee, you are a better woman than I.

Coffee isn't the only thing I drink - I like tea too, and I do occasionally have an energy drink - but it's what I have most often. My family is European, so drinking coffee is just a part of our daily lives. We drink it in the morning, during the day, and at night.

Sometimes I'll hear people saying that too much caffeine is bad for your heart, but then I see things like this:



I can only assume that I am going to live forever
 

Let's be honest, though, my desperate craving has nothing to do with supposed health benefits. This picture from explodingdog.com says it best:


5 comments:

  1. I got a Keurig single-cup brewer over the summer. I am madly, passionately in love with that thing. I try to limit myself to having coffee only about 4 times a week so I don't get *too* addicted to the caffeine, but it's so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've completely given up on self-control. My work has one of those Keurig single-cups in the office, and I have a Nespresso machine at home. Definitely a lost cause.

      Delete
  2. I go to Starbucks once a month. I used to have a bad caffeine addiction. I think there are benefits to coffee in moderation but I don't trust myself to have it more than that.

    That second picture is hilarious. I totally related to that 7 years ago. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so me. I have to have at least 3 cups a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Now I feel totally justified! *runs for 4th cup*

    ReplyDelete